Thursday, June 11

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Ok, so I moved back to the USA in March of this year, and have been having trouble keeping my blogs ever since: first it was little or no wifi, then it was household work (painting, sanding, heavy cleaning, yard work) and finally my computer started having problems charging and staying awake.

In the mean time, you might be surprised to know how little my life has changed from one country to another. I am still baking and knitting and cleaning quite madly and, thanks to the crummy economic situation, will probably continue this way for a little while. But I won't lie to you; I'm enjoying myself.

I am taking my computer to the Wizard tomorrow. Perhaps it needs a new heart. However, some spoilers:

1. I went to the Maryland Sheep & Wool Festival in early May.

2. Before we left Venice, I met the last turner with a workshop there.

3. My sister is, as a present for my upcoming birthday, going to teach me how to use a drop spindle. (SO EXCITED.)

4. Since my last entry I have knitted 3 pairs and two half-pairs of socks.

5. We have a real, honest-to-goodness garden at this new house. Soon we will plant vegetables there.

No comments: