Saturday, October 14

Saturday update on books.

On the penultimate book in Augustine' Confessions. Further than I thought into T.H. White's lovely novel.

Also reading Dante's Convivio for a class, though I can't seem to find de Monarchia even though I can pronounce it (that is exciting).

Thinking of reading Boethius' Consolations of Philosophy after this; Dante seems to pair it with Augustine a lot and the introduction to the book left me intrigued.

Something also very nice--one of my classmates burned me a copy of Seamus Heaney's reading his own translation of Beowulf! Nice people abound here, but to find nice and nerdy-like-me people is even rarer! YAY US!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Easily I acquiesce in but I contemplate the collection should acquire more info then it has.