Tuesday, October 25

My writing as a bit overly detail-oriented.

There's a certain satisfaction to writing details of actions. I like to know how people do things, the little quirks that mark the means to an end. One of the best examples I can think of for this one is to think of five people with the same recipe: they all come out with different-tasting things. It may be because of unique ingredients, or timing, or measurements, or tools, but the same recipe rarely comes out the same for two individual cooks. That is interesting.

So, if you wondered why my writing was getting a bit boring, it is because I keep wanting to write little things; the small details that make the difference. Only, it has taken me awhile to figure out nuances, so mostly all that comes out of my fingers is the routines/means themselves but not their individuality.

No comments: