Sunday, January 30

scribbling once more.

Am getting back to people already! Have written three letters! Have one more email account to check and then can read bits of Beauty and Quest for a Maid, both of which I've been wanting to read again for some reason. I love Robin McKinley's heroines. They are just awesome, normal people. They are of age to be doing what they do, have common sense, and like to read! I have two of those things, but very little common sense.

Can somebody explain why it is that I am attracted to stories of beauty and ugliness? The Phantom of the Opera, Beauty and the Beast, even The Frog Prince. I always cry reading the bit about the beggar girl-turned-loved in the Bible. I don't know. Maybe I have an overgrown, unselfconscious sense of irony. Too much Browning might do that to you.

In any case, I am going to get back to my reading and writing and cannot wait to get to sleep already. So sleepy . . .

1 comment:

Madame Quill said...

Know what I did? I got a blogger account here so I could come say hello w/o the annoying anonymous procedure. Blech.

I am not familiar with Robin McKinley's heroines. I am thereby missing out on choice lit?

Do you cry at Ruth's story? Isn't it delightful?

Hope you're getting some rest. God bless.

You are in my prayers!