Sunday, September 26

free until tomorrow

My paper is done, now, and I am free to rest until tomorrow morning. Hopefully I will be able to get a good night's sleep. I keep having nightmares, which are really no fun. My mouth has been off of its hinges today, not being able to say very much in a straight sentence. I'm sure people wonder if I'm dyslexic or just plain off my rocker . . . I certainly do.

Thank goodness the paper is in. The first one of the term, too! I'm surprised it took this much out of me, but I suppose I should have known the way I have been reading and humming along this summer. We'll see how it goes.

The wind is threshing dust and leaves outside my window, and my cat thinks I am an idiot for being up at midnight. She is right, as usual. Listening to Jars of Clay's "Worlds Apart", thinking about odd things people have said to me this past week, wishing for stupid, useless things, and remembering--oddly enough--an old Sunday school lesson taught to me by a hero of mine who doesn't know he's a hero.

And now, time to braid the hair and crawl into bed. If you ever get the chance and want to see a bit of how I wish my mind would work, please read Gaudy Night. It sounds weird but it really is very good, and very revealing of humanity, even if I don't really like Harriet all that much. Oh dash it all.

No comments: